Friday, July 17, 2009

Magnets

I love magnets. they are fun and brighten up any metal surface. I have more magnets than I can count.
And a very lovely thing about magnets is that they are also extremely easy to make.
You can buy magnetic sheets at almost any craft store. Most of these sheets are sticky on one side with a peel-off coating. And there are many different ways to use them. I used to be a nanny and the children I watched after once spent an entire afternoon sticking stickers on to these magnetic sheets and then (with close supervision of course) cutting around the sticker to have their own original magnets.
One of my favourite things to do it is make “pebble magnets” all you need to do is buy glass craft pebbles (you can usually buy a whole bag for only a couple dollars. In fact most dollar trees carry them) then cut out pictures or words from magazines, old books, photographs or things printed from the internet and decoupage them to the back of the pebbles. Finally all that’s needed is to stick the bubbles to magnetic backing (or if you like you can buy stronger round magnets at a crafts store. I find the magnetic sheets work perfectly well for most things though. As long as your magnets aren’t too big) and voila!
Here are some lovely Marie Antoinette magnets my oldest sister made.

You can also buy pebble stickers and attach those directly to the magnet backing.
I just couldn’t resist these stickers when I saw Alice’s white rabbit on them! And only $1.45 at full price!


No comments: