Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lady bug crafts

The mascot of the girls club I belong to is the ladybug and it’s a tradition to make your “little sister” in the club (a younger girl you are paired with to mentor and be friends with) various things, usually things she can use to decorate her room with. I’ve already made my little sister various things such as picture frame and a mirror but I’ve wanted to make something that includes our mascot.
So today while shopping at Michaels I was so excited to find this wooden flower clipboard, complete with a ladybug clip to hold important notes.



In Michaels you can always find a plethora of wooden objects to paint. This was not my finest painting job but I still think it turned out decently. I still need to ad something that can be used to hang the board and I am considering repainting the green center with chalkboard or magnetic paint to make it even more useful. The board was on sale for only a dollar and I used acrylic paint that I already own making this a very cheap and easy craft indeed.

I also managed in picking up some other ladybug happies for my little sis. Dimensional stickers and a wooden and felt ladybug (I plan to attach a magnet to the back of the wooden lady bug) Only 60 cents for the stickers and 40 cents for the wooden ladybug!

No comments: